Directions to Heaven
To get to heaven, you must:
1. Recognize that you are a sinner (Romans 3:23). That's easy to do if you take an honest look at yourself.
2. Realize that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). The birth death ratio for this planet is 1:1 — everyone born will eventually die.
3. Realize that after death, you will face Judgement (Hebrews 9:27), and the standard used to see if you measure up, is sinless perfection (Matthew 5:48).
4. Understand that nothing you do can make up for your sin. "All our righteous deeds are like filthy rags…" to God. (Isaiah 64:6)
5. You must repent (have a change of heart and mind about sin). (Luke 13:3,5)
6. You must receive the living Jesus Christ into your heart by faith. (John 1:12 says "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.")
7. Assurance that you will go to heaven is something that God wants you to know, not just "think" or "feel". 1 John 5:13 says: "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."